Recruitment of Instructors
FOREIGN NATIONALS may apply directly.
Procedure for TURKISH NATIONALS
1. What is the legal basis of instructor recruitment at the School of Foreign Languages?
The legal basis of the recruitment of English language instructors is the Council of Higher Education regulation which can be viewed at the web address https://yoksis.yok.gov.tr/.
2. When are posts available at the Departments of the School of Foreign Languages?
Requests for posts of instructor are made to the Rector's Office when the need arises. If there are available posts, the Rector's Office makes a request to the Council of Higher Education for permission of their use.
3. What is the procedure thereafter?
A notice which indicates the required qualifications, the deadline for application and exam date is posted on the Council of Higher Education website at the address https://yoksis.yok.gov.tr/.
- The applications can be made online or in person.
- The list of applicants eligible to take the exam are announced at the website indicated by the concerned department.
- After the exam results are finalized, the list of successful applicants is announced at the website indicated by the concerned department.
4. When are successful applicants expected to start work?
Those who are successful are assigned to the vacant posts and are expected start work as soon as the paperwork is completed.
5. Are vacant positions announced at your website?
An announcement will appear under the link 'Announcements' at our Home Page when a relevant notice is posted on the Council of Higher Education website.